Guests doing fraud from host property?

Ben242
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Guests doing fraud from host property?

Has anyone had guests ask if they can get mail while they're at your home?

If the guest has 0 reviews be careful...

I've had guests come seemingly for the sole purpose of running credit card and unemployment scams out of my property....After guest left I received multiple credit cards from names that don't match up to any guest and a bunch of letters from Unemployment Departments from states all over the country...

Been getting a ton of guests asking me if they can get mail at my house lately...majority have 0 reviews and joined recently....reported this to Airbnb but they're so  behind on CS tickets that I'm not holding my breath hoping for a response....

3 Replies 3
Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@Ben242  there seems to be a thread that pops up almost every day in LA with a host asking this question. Must be a real target area for scams! Most hosts do not permit guests to get mail at their places.  

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Ben242 

Return to sender. No such person at this adress.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Ben242 

This is not so much about scammers as trying to discourage guests from receiving mail at your address in general, but there are a few points on this thread that relate to scams too:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Do-you-let-guests-receive-mail/td-p/964607