Guests staying for work purposes

Answered!

Guests staying for work purposes

I am a new AirBnB in North Tonawanda, NY. I opened on 8/17/23 and have had several guests so far and have bookings into November. Two different guests (one male with 2 other guests and one male with 1 other guest) booked because they are "working in the area". I have no issue with guests using my home as a place to stay while working in the area. The issue is that they are bringing large trucks (and a lot of mud) into my driveway and parking on the street overnight (which is fine except during the winter due to snow plows). How can I disallow this type of "traffic" at my AirBnB? I have wonderful neighbors and want to be considerate of them AND they left the house dirtier than other guests.

Top Answer

@Debbie 1192 This of course is a choice and it is a good idea to chat to these guests especially about the size and number of work vehicles. These are the guests who really appreciate a weekly house clean and linen change. Do add very large door mats and an area inside the door to remove and store boots and coats . Add take away lunch containers and laundry baskets for each room . Help the guests keep the house tidy by providing all cleaning equipment and post rubbish pick up days , more especially the night before. Make sure towels are big and showers efficient. These guests tend not to be in the house at all during the day , nor are their trucks, leave your number on the fridge . Remember these guests are not holidaying , they need decent wi fi and phone plug in facilities and generally home entertainment needs to be up to scratch , decent dining facilities and comfy relaxing chairs and comfy beds ... Good Luck .. H

View Top Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Lenore22
Level 10
California, United States

Hi Debbie!

Your issues might be solved by implementing a few rules:

*No shoes in the house

*No street parking (park in the driveway when the snow plow runs)

These are 2 rules we've implemented with great success. I wasn't sure how people would feel about taking their shoes off, but not a single person has complained and to my knowledge, just about everyone has done it. I've read that some guests actually prefer this rule because it keeps the unit clean.

We also have the same issue with street parking and the snow plow. We just tell them that vehicles need to be in the driveway when the snow plow runs or they will be towed. We haven't had a single issue with it.

We have also hosted a number of construction workers, tree trimmers & more. They are typically excellent guests and we would be glad to host them again. I wonder if by implementing a few rules, you can find a happy solution to these issues.

Hope this helps,

Lenore

@Debbie 1192 This of course is a choice and it is a good idea to chat to these guests especially about the size and number of work vehicles. These are the guests who really appreciate a weekly house clean and linen change. Do add very large door mats and an area inside the door to remove and store boots and coats . Add take away lunch containers and laundry baskets for each room . Help the guests keep the house tidy by providing all cleaning equipment and post rubbish pick up days , more especially the night before. Make sure towels are big and showers efficient. These guests tend not to be in the house at all during the day , nor are their trucks, leave your number on the fridge . Remember these guests are not holidaying , they need decent wi fi and phone plug in facilities and generally home entertainment needs to be up to scratch , decent dining facilities and comfy relaxing chairs and comfy beds ... Good Luck .. H

Thank you Helen, these are all very good suggestions!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Debbie1192, Hope the suggestions from @Lenore22 and @Helen744 have helped you get an idea of how to communicate such a situation better or provide certain amenities to avoid some concerns with guests. Have you decided on following some of these tips or started working towards it? We would love to hear more about it from you!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines