Help for our nhs workers

Leanne186
Level 2
England, GB

Help for our nhs workers

Hi all 

I have just called my local health care practice and offered my Airbnb annex free of charge to any doctors/nurses etc that are in need of separation / isolation , they need a safe and rekaxing space more than anyone ! 
if anyone else feels they can do the same , let’s get the Airbnb community to follow suit 

many thanks 

leanne , uffington uk 

9 Replies 9
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hey @Leanne186 

I have been working with some other hosts to see if we can set up a social media space for this. Will let you know.

Fantastic to see you do this.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

A great post, thanks for sharing @Leanne186. My husband's business has folded, but he's offered his services (and they've been gratefully accepted) by a London hospital. I'll ask him to offer our room there too.

We'll see some good behaviours come out of all this. 

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Gordon0 i am so sorry about your husbands business- sending so much love to you both! Stay safe 💓

Michelle1358
Level 4
North Carolina, United States

@Leanne186  @Helen3 @Gordon0 -- I am a host in NC (USA) and have been working to try to offer our home to medical workers as well. I also just joined with a group called Rent Responsibly -- I did so because I am so inspired by their mission -- part of which is to celebrate our community in ways no one else does. We've all been hit hard -- and yet many of you are willing to help. We want to get the word out about it.  Could I talk further to any of you? 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can talk to me as I am setting something up here. @Michelle1358   Feel free to drop me a PM. Had a quick look at the organisation you mentioned. Not something for us our focus is simply to connect hosts with whole listings to NHS staff needing them for free or at cost.  No more. No less.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I work for TfL and we're being actively encouraged to volunteer for the NHS. It's a lovely thing and hundreds of thousands of Brits have already signed up. Looking forward to helping out in any way I can. The NHS is the jewel in our crown. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Gordon0 ]

I will definitely send you a link once we have the site up and running. All being done on a NfP basis.

Would welcome your views on the concept. 

best Helen 

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

@Leanne186  Fantastic idea especially now the health boards are pulling out the early retired . I will pop up a note in my hosp. 

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Helen3 Once this is set up could you please share this with us. We have a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment and are actively making it less accessible for booking. Thank you