Help with Airbnb refund

Help with Airbnb refund

Hi, I have a canceled trip with Airbnb. It's been over 4 months since the host canceled the trip on me, but Airbnb still won't process the refund. They claim my bank is holding the money. After talking to my bank, the fund is located at the Airbnb account and they even showed me the receipt and emails to Airbnb from the bank about the payment. How do I get my refund from Airbnb or escalate the claim?

2 Replies 2

@John7805 When you contacted your bank, did they confirm that they haven't received any refund? If yes, ensure you have all documentation handy, including the cancellation confirmation from the host, correspondence with Airbnb, and any communication from your bank that shows where the funds are located. Then reach out again to Airbnb explaining that no refund was received. You may also try filing for chargeback if this helps as I believe Airbnb does have a separate department that deals with payments and chargebacks. Hope this helps! 

Hi Alicia, thank you for your reply! 

My bank has confirmed that the funds are sent to Airbnb. They even showed me the receipt to David **. I showed all the documents to Airbnb support chat but they replied that they cannot issue a refund as they really can't find it in the system. It was a standard reply as they sent to me before. My bank also cannot initiate a chargeback as it was a direct debit and they have no means of starting a chargeback. My bank suggested I raise to small claim court in this case.

Is there a means to contact the Airbnb payment team? I assume that the fund wasn't correctly recorded in the system thus, the support team doesn't have visibility to it. 

**[Personal details removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]