How do you encourage guests to read your house rules?

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

How do you encourage guests to read your house rules?

Paula_0-1722976637252.jpeg

Hello everyone 😊

House rules are a key part of creating a great experience for guests and Hosts alike. Many Hosts in our community have emphasized the importance of encouraging guests to read and follow them. Some Hosts have mentioned that, once the booking process is complete, they share this information through a message via the Airbnb app. Other Hosts have preferred to leave a printed copy in the accommodation.

Today, we invite you to share your strategies for encouraging guests to read your house rules. What are some of the most successful strategies you've implemented?🌟

Please share your thoughts in the comments, and thank you so much for sharing.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

3 Replies 3
Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Ciao @Paula , my house rules are very simple and so far I have never needed to highlight them to guests 😀

Andrea6232_0-1723019919826.png

Sara-And-Rob0
Level 3
Bern, Switzerland

We call them House Info/Guidelines and are the normal, basic group of rules, no smoking, no shoes inside, etc..Our rules are printed in the apartment as well on the listing. 

As far as what guests read, nothing can help that, currently, most guests read almost nothing, main picture, price, book, and then ask questions that are all pre-answered if they had read the listing.

We recently had a 3-star review from someone who claimed 'Too much rules' and 'Have to walk down three flights of stairs and not an elevator'.

However, these things were all outlined in the description before booking.

In conclusion, not a problem with rules or where to post them.  

Hello @Sara-And-Rob0 

I  ❤️ the name that you've given to the all important "house rules" and have stolen your idea and changed the wording on my quick messages that I always send to guests when I receive a booking reservation or inquiry!  Sounds far less formal and threatening for guests so thank you !!🤗

I ask any prospective guest to take a few minutes to read the "house info" and to let me know if they are OK with them and if not then maybe my listing isn't a good fit for them or their group and no hard feelings.   So far so good😉

All the best

Joëlle