How do you handle guest ending trip early?

Ashley1808
Level 1
Evansville, IN

How do you handle guest ending trip early?

Guest checked out early with no explanation and asked for partial refund. How should I respond? 

4 Replies 4

@Ashley1808 It is plain and simple, the guest  booked your Rbnb and occupied it. Had the guest cancelled before using the space and in accordance to your refund policy, then that would have been a different story. The guest is not entitled to getting a partial refund. They can discuss it with Rbnb directly and good luck getting anything. They are not following the rules and I would give them a low rating in relation to that when doing the review.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey there @Ashley1808

Sorry to hear your guest checked out early - did they give you any reason why or reach out to you prior to leaving? Their answer could help you understand if it was due to your listing or personal circumstances. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Ashley1808 🌿

I would write to them : Dear guests - I so sorry that you had to leave early. When you leave you will need to cancel your reservation and you will then automatically get refunded according to the agreed to cancellation policy. It all happens automatically as the Airbnb system is set up to refund / per the cancellation policy. When you cancel - the calendar will reopen so new guests will be able to book.

If your guests won’t get a refund - because they are not entitled to one per the cancellation policy I would write :  And should any of the days rebook I will gladly refund you those days. I wish you well and hope to see you another time. 

@Ashley1808 As an Airbnb host, you have the right to uphold the cancellation policy that was agreed upon by both you and the guest at the time of booking. This also includes that any refund will depend on your decision as the guest's host since you can't find a replacement booking easily if it's a last-minute change. Hope this helps!