How long does it take to get your first booking?

How long does it take to get your first booking?

Hi everyone,

I'm curious: how long does it take to get our first booking?

Thanks!

Content and title updated by OCM for relevance

90 Replies 90
David10643
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

It was about a week or two.

But it also seems like there’s slow times of the year though.  For me, summer was really busy, but winter season not so much.  

Alexandre1287
Level 2
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

5 days

Debbie1218
Level 2
Plymouth, United Kingdom

Hi Bernard,

It all depends on your area and the demand. I think it took about a week to get my first booking and I live close to a city centre. 
Good luck. I’m sure you’ll get some bookings soon. 
Debbie 

Dee1638
Level 2
Midwest City, OK

This depends on your location, mine is   2days with inquiry to book

It took me less than 24 hours. But back then there wasn’t a lot of other hosts in my area. We also had 3 bedrooms and four real beds which helped. 

Lately it’s been slow because of the competition. Study the ones near you and figure out what advantage you have then make that a selling point.

But read these boards do you can watch fir red flags with guests. Better to have fewer high quality guests than lots of guests who cause problems. Trust your gut.

Good luck.

Christine2422
Level 2
Sennen Cove, United Kingdom

Haha sorry Bernard but how long is a piece of string 🤓

Sri311
Level 2
Rockville, MD

Hello Bernard1238

Thanks for your question. I received reservations in the first week I opened the Airbnb. I put the price very low to attract customers.  

Io aprirò a maggio 2024 e renderò le camere disponibili per le prenotazioni 3 mesi prima

Saluti 

Se intendi la tua prima prenotazione genericamente a me è successo dopo 2 settimane 

Alfredo589
Level 2
Rome, Italy

Hi, I had my first booking 24 hours after placing the advert

Eileen462
Level 10
San Bernardino, CA

Hi there @Bernard1238 ... I got one right away.  I took advantage of the discount AIRBNB offers your first 2 or 3 bookings and it helped alot.  Best Wishes,  Eileen

I agree with @Eileen462 . Use the first-stay discount! It really helps attract guests and if something goes wrong in the home, they will have already paid less for it and likely realize it’s so they may be a bit more patient. That’s been my experience! 

Bacem-and-Caryn0
Level 2
Apollo Beach, FL

With the %20 promotion for new listing and airbnb placing you on the top of the first page you should get a booking within 48 hours if you have a normal demand in your Area. I hope that helps!

Claudia3536
Level 3
Maryville, TN

I posted my place and had 2 bookings within the first week. I was able to make improvements/adjustments per my guests suggestions and have maintained a 5 star rating. I’m still going strong and enjoying every minute!

Deborah201
Level 2
Bethany, Canada

It depends on several factors that you can monitor with some of the Airbnb hosting tools. I find that, depending on location, there are busy and slow times for people searching for listings. If you go live when people are looking in your area and if you are priced right or better than similar listings in your area then you will get bookings quickly. New listings get preferential treatment by the search engine so you will be noticed. You can't compete with the exposure that Airbnb offers for new listings. Airbnb brings exposure and it's up to you to bring your best photos and best prices and best perks to the listing.