How many negative reviews are needed before a property is removed from air b&b

Answered!
Carolyn933
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

How many negative reviews are needed before a property is removed from air b&b

Hi there, we don’t own a property on air b&b, we have just stayed in one. We’ve stayed in many and have always given fair and honest reviews, to date they have all been positive as we haven’t had an any bad experiences 😊. Unfortunately we recently stayed at a house that was far from what we were expecting. The house its self was beautiful, but the inside was absolutely filthy, and had all the hosts belongings in it still, food still in the fridge and the inside of the fridge was disgusting. It actually felt like he’d moved out from the house (without cleaning it whatsoever) for the two nights we were in there. Sadly we had to leave a negative review as it was also one of the most expensive we’d ever used, and certainly did not reflect the price we paid. We don’t want a refund, we just don’t want other people staying in the property until it has had a deep clean. The host then got **bleep**ty and said that based on our one negative review that air b&b have taken his listing off the system. Is that correct? Can one bad review cause this? 

1 Best Answer
Ruth413
Level 10
Moreton, United Kingdom

@Carolyn933   I very much doubt that 1 bad review would have removed his listing.  There are things to consider though.

1.  What did you actually rate him, was it a 1 star ?

2.  Obviously what you have described is not acceptable, so maybe there was a health & safety issue ?

3.  When you booked what was the listings rating ?  This is probably the most important thing, as if the listing has had previous issues then yes, they will be suspended or banned. 

4.  How many reviews did the listing have, was it a new listing ?  If they didn't have any reviews previously then yes, there is a possibility of being suspended. 

It is possible that maybe the listing has been suspended for a while, but that normally happens after a few warnings about issues.  I have known a few listings that have been suspended at least 10 times before they are fully banned.  

Airbnb is really strict on their review system and believe me if a host gets a 4 star review, they get warned to improve !  So if a guest gets a few 3 stars or lower then yes, there is a possibility of being removed, but not just with one bad review. 

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Ruth413
Level 10
Moreton, United Kingdom

@Carolyn933   I very much doubt that 1 bad review would have removed his listing.  There are things to consider though.

1.  What did you actually rate him, was it a 1 star ?

2.  Obviously what you have described is not acceptable, so maybe there was a health & safety issue ?

3.  When you booked what was the listings rating ?  This is probably the most important thing, as if the listing has had previous issues then yes, they will be suspended or banned. 

4.  How many reviews did the listing have, was it a new listing ?  If they didn't have any reviews previously then yes, there is a possibility of being suspended. 

It is possible that maybe the listing has been suspended for a while, but that normally happens after a few warnings about issues.  I have known a few listings that have been suspended at least 10 times before they are fully banned.  

Airbnb is really strict on their review system and believe me if a host gets a 4 star review, they get warned to improve !  So if a guest gets a few 3 stars or lower then yes, there is a possibility of being removed, but not just with one bad review.