How to review a No show

Answered!
Nicholas820
Level 1
Jamestown, TN

How to review a No show

Had a No show on a one night. Did not know they were not coming until later on into the night when they sent a message. How do you do a review for this situation?

Top Answer
Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Nicholas820 

In theory a guest cannot review a host if they have never set foot in the listing even though the system sometimes allows this.  In this instance a host can have the review removed so with the situation reversed,  I wouldn't review a guest who never came either since the questions you will be asked by Airbnb will be irrelevant to their stay.  

I would however, send a private message to the guest regretting that they were unable to make it in the hope that they might consider staying with me another time and offer to refund my cleaning fee.

I trust that you were paid and that the guest isn't asking for a refund?  If they're asking for a refund then my answer wouldn't be the same😉

All the best

Joëlle

View Top Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Nicholas820 

In theory a guest cannot review a host if they have never set foot in the listing even though the system sometimes allows this.  In this instance a host can have the review removed so with the situation reversed,  I wouldn't review a guest who never came either since the questions you will be asked by Airbnb will be irrelevant to their stay.  

I would however, send a private message to the guest regretting that they were unable to make it in the hope that they might consider staying with me another time and offer to refund my cleaning fee.

I trust that you were paid and that the guest isn't asking for a refund?  If they're asking for a refund then my answer wouldn't be the same😉

All the best

Joëlle