I'm so happy i am not a superhost no more lol

Answered!
Claudia406
Level 7
Rome, Italy

I'm so happy i am not a superhost no more lol

I have been a superhost since when i started, 2 years or so, and i recently lost it , not for some reviews but because i did a sequence of cancellations, and well, i feel so relieved.

Being a superhost means people expect a lot from you and your place, means they think they will ask for things not listed out of the fact you're never gonna say no, it's a dog eat dog thing.

My kitchen is not listed but hey if i say no they'll never give me 5 stars cause i said no to that...so you'll say yes and you'll hate your guts lol for doing it cause your kitchen is NOT listed!

Anyway...glad to be not a superhost anymore.

Now if the lights goes off or ac is not working or the wall is scratched I won't feel like I'm a falsario and if people get noisy i will be able to say something. I feel like everyone is much more mature now, generally speaking, plus there are really no diff between the service given to host and superhost.

I right now have a guest who had just 5 stars...yeah, sure. never remember to turn off anything, stays in the shared bathroom for ever and didn't read ANYTHING of the description, she was prolly a pain the ass for other hosts too but that's what wanting a good review does to you.

1 Best Answer
Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Claudia406 

Welcome to the club. There is  huge demand in the for just "plain-old-good bedroom" listings.

Many guests view Airbnb as a cheaper alternative to hotels and as adults understand the trade-off between price and service.  I actively try to market to adults who can take care of themselves. 

It matches my hosting and travel style. 

View Best Answer in original post

34 Replies 34
Elizabeth1262
Level 3
Winthrop, ME

I can completely empathize with your position.  If I have something negative to say, I usually put it in their private note, so as not to damage their ability to use airbnb in the future.  I then find out after the fact that they gave me less than 5 stars.  I'm with you, they can kiss my ass!  🙂 

Sharon822
Level 2
Barnoldswick, United Kingdom

A superhost is someone who gives a flexible cancellation policy. you can have 3 review and be a superhost

@Sharon822   It is interesting to bring this up. In theory it is possible to be a superhost with just 1 review with the current superhost requirement, which I got from the Airbnb help site cited below.

To become a Superhost, you need to have an account in good standing and meet the following requirements. Your performance is measured over the past 12 months. However, you do not need to have hosted for the full 12 months to qualify. Check your Superhost status.

Superhost requirements

(1) Completed at least 10 trips OR successfully completed 3 reservations that total at least 100 nights
(2) Maintained a 90% response rate or higher
(3) Maintained a 1% percent cancellation rate (1 cancellation per 100 reservations) or lower, with exceptions made for those that fall under our Extenuating Circumstances policy
(4) Maintain a 4.8 overall rating

For example you hosted three trips which are over 100 nights in 12 months. Suppose that only one guest leaves you a 5 star review while the other 2 have not written reviews.

As long as you have maintained 90% above response rate, you become a Superhost.

Alexander165
Level 3
Cambridge, MA

Great Comment!!!!

I am not a SuperHost but was working towards it but now.... F* it. These guests ask for all sorts of extras not listed or included..2-3 hour early check in, extra pillows, leaving luggage after check out...etc it goes on and on. Then when you don't or cant accommodate they write a negative review or sometimes completely lie because they are disgruntled and malicious. Im pretty upset because Im new to this and thought nothing was wrong and gave a guest a good "star" review but since i denied multiple requests they gave me 1 star overall and its just not fair. You don't find out until afterwards. They smile and and act as if everything is ok, then the second they leave they write a slanderous review thats not accurate. 

Host Beware of Denying Extras or you'll pay through the SuperHost nose

Ryan562
Level 1
Old Saybrook, CT

I’m a superhost. Sold my property, last guest hosted will be the end of next month. I.cant.wait.