I would like to get recommendations on a better, easier keypad lock for checkin

Danielle1391
Level 1
St. Louis, MO

I would like to get recommendations on a better, easier keypad lock for checkin

Currently I am using the qwikset satin 913 deadbolt lock for guest to check in. Every time someone checks out I have to go over to the condo and remove the keypad code that I assigned to them for safety reasons. I would like to see if anyone has any recommendations on a simpler way to go about this or have any suggestions for a better type of lock. I really do not want to give keys out to my place.

1 Reply 1

We use Schlage Encode smart locks/deadbolts.

(https://www.schlage.com/en/home/smart-locks/encode.html )

We bought our first two from Home Depot, then discovered they were less expensive at Lowes by about $20 per set.

Features:

-WiFi enabled.

-Amazon/Alexa compatible

-Can be managed remotely.

-We successfully managed them using Amazons "Key" app (an app aimed at letting delivery              drivers open your door and leave packages inside) briefly.

-We then started using the Schlage app to remotely manage them.
       -Codes can be updated remotely & we get an alert whenever the door is locked or unlocked.

Our current use case: 

-A guest completes a reservation.

-Two days prior to check-in we send a "Welcome" email that includes:

1. check-in process
  2. house rules
  3. steps to access "how to" videos (i created a Roku channel & made it the 1st one on all the TVs)
  4. The door code (which is the last 4 digits of their phone number...easy for them to remember).

I have read about other apps that can access the schlage encodes but have not tried any yet.

One caution: make sure you read the schlage app EULA. It is very intrusive (we wound up getting a separate mobile device to add all the apps onto so we didnt have to worry as much about intrusive license agreements