Inaccurate description of the location

Answered!
Bartek12
Level 1
Warsaw, Poland

Inaccurate description of the location

Hello,

I have an issue regarding the property description, photos, and the response to my complaint.

My host described their place as a "Cosy Studio" on the ground floor, but it turned out to be a converted basement with no access to fresh air or almost any light. Additionally (which was not mentioned in the listing), the bed is directly next to the shower, causing the bedding to become damp. The photos included in the listing did not show the bed's proximity to the shower, nor did they indicate that the room was below street level (they suggested the room was on the ground floor).

Airbnb support told me that "I could have seen the reflection of the shower in the mirror" and that if I want to cancel my stay, I can do so according to the host's policy (which is non-refundable).

What can I do in this situation?

I am attaching some reference photos. Pictures where shower is next to the fridge and microwave are from the offer. Pictures where shower is next to the bed are the real pictures.OfferOfferReal view of the roomReal view of the room"Ground" level window"Ground" level window

Best, 

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

In the photos you have shown from the listing you can clearly see the shower is next to the bed. I certainly wouldn't have booked the accommodation on that basis.  So you can't use this as a reason for a penalty free refund. 

What were previous reviews at the listing like  @Bartek12 

If you want a refund to find somewhere else you will need to clearly demonstrate how/where the listing description  is materially different from the actuality.

Good luck. 

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

In the photos you have shown from the listing you can clearly see the shower is next to the bed. I certainly wouldn't have booked the accommodation on that basis.  So you can't use this as a reason for a penalty free refund. 

What were previous reviews at the listing like  @Bartek12 

If you want a refund to find somewhere else you will need to clearly demonstrate how/where the listing description  is materially different from the actuality.

Good luck. 

Hi,

The photos with the shower next to the bed are not from the listing. Photos from the listing are this one where you can see shower next to the fridge. 373390518_1466899103873490_8897665463347748343_n.jpg

Mar125
Level 10
California, United States

@Bartek12 

To be honest, The proximity of shower to bed shall not be a reason to cancel. 

Ask your host to settle with you for 50% refund and tell host you are fully settled and no further actions you will take..