Information for guests

Kay2020
Level 1
Hutchinson, MN

Information for guests

As a person who has stayed in AirBnB's for over 15 years, I would like to know when the custom of leaving information for the guests was discontinued - a notebook, etc. that would list nearby restaurants (with menus), closest grocery store, gas, favorite things to do, check out instructions, etc. -  in favor of "google it" or "message the host"? 

The 'welcome' packet was much preferred over the current method of communication. 

4 Replies 4
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Kay2020  So many hosts rely on the electronic offerings of various OTAs.  I complete an online "Guide/House Manual" for my listing, but a copy of the same with a LOT MORE information is printed out and sitting in a Book on the credenza in the cabin.  My guests will also leave menus and pamphlets that they have collected during their stay in the credenza drawer for the next guest.

Most of my guests use the printed-out Book to find the information they want without resorting to phone or internet searches.  I never hear anything about the usefulness of the online guide, but the Book is very much appreciated and praised.

We are in the hospitality business, and we should offer our guests multiple forms of information.  

Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Kay2020 

Hosts have guidebooks on their Airbnb profiles that are meant to contain this type of information (click on the host profile, not everyone uses this feature). The check-out instructions are also meant to be in the listing and sent to the guest at checkout time. I think the idea is not to remove the information, but to have it in digital format so it will (hopefully!) be more up to date. One can, of course, leave hard copies as well.

Elena4354
Level 10
Porto, Portugal

Hello @Kay2020, first of all, we have Guidebooks in our Airbnb profile that contain a lot of useful information.

Also, for example, in Portugal, local authorities require all hosts to have a special Information book for guests in at least 4 languages. In this book you can find the information about everything (touristic attractions, cafes, restaurants, bars, local transport, parkings, children playgrounds, hospitals, grocery stores, laundries and much more). 

The host can make this Information Book himself or buy a ready one (ready Information books are available for different regions and cities).

Kind regards.

Elena. 

Kitty-and-Creek0
Top Contributor
Willits, CA

@Kay2020 

Good question - I'm sure it is up to the host.....

We have a "guidebook"attached to our listing, and offer Q&A to our guests in the message thread before arrival. When our guests arrive, there is a selection of pamphlets, maps, and binders in the space. We are also available for "concierge" service. It is about hospitality for us. 

Happy Travels!

Kitty