Is the airbnb hotline useful?

Ian43233
Level 2
Singapore

Is the airbnb hotline useful?

Hi,

A host cancelled on my booking less than 2 months into the trip, and I had contacted Airbnb support for assistance. The Airbnb support replies have been trickling in sporadically (at most one reply a day) and time is running out for me to rebook an apartment. I have also reached out to @airbnbhelp on twitter, and was merely told that they have urged their agents to expedite my case. 

It has been two weeks since my booking was cancelled, and no progress has been made regarding the rebooking.

I am not based in the US and am hesitant about calling the main hotline if help is not guaranteed. The country I am in does not have a local Airbnb hotline to call. 

Would appreciate any advice on whether the hotline is worth a try, and other ways to reach Airbnb support quicker. Thanks all in advance for your advice!

3 Replies 3
Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Ian43233 

Sorry to hear that a host cancelled on you but can you confirm that you have been fully refunded for this stay?

Hopefully this is the case and if so, I would personally search again for a new place rather than wait for someone in Customer Service to find me a place but I have maybe misunderstood your problem?

Hello @Joelle43 

Thanks for getting back. The refund is still being processed. Airbnb Support indicated that they would be happy to assist with the booking of a new place and top up the price difference (the cost of Airbnb rentals in the same area has gone up about 20% since I made my booking a few months back). This is why I am still holding out for Airbnb's proposed solution of helping to cover the difference before I make a new booking. 

To add on, I've decided to try the hotline option. I'm currently 35 minutes into the call and have not been connected to a live agent to assist with my case. 

Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Oh you poor thing @Ian43233 and I understand better now why you haven't been able to rebook elsewhere if you're still waiting on that refund.

I had to contact the hotline the other day but was put through straight away.  I'm sorry that you aren't so lucky but hopefully speaking to a real person will make the difference.  Presumably you've got a list ready of places that you've looked at that you would like to stay in?

Good luck!