Issue making a payment

Answered!

Issue making a payment

Trying to make a payment and get an initial confirmation. However I then check and it hasn't gone through. 

I checked with my bank and they say its because Airbnb haven't used 3d security to confirm the payment at their end.

It's frustrating as I want to make the final payment for our holiday.

1 Best Answer

Out of desperation I saw they have a help twitter account so I messaged them for advice.

The solution they suggested was to uninstall the app and reinstall it. Low and behold success, the payment went through.

Now why couldn't their customer support suggest that in the first place and saved us a lot of stress.

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@John6888 It may become more than frustrating as Airbnb is likely to cancel the booking if they can't take the second payment. Have you tried calling them?

Spoke to them and they are aware. Final payment is due 21st May but we used the pay now option.

So got a number for airbnb in the US. Spoke with them yesterday and they said they would escalate the issue.

Got a call today from the US and after going through all the same change your payment  method nonsense, we did a screen share and she could see what was happening. 

Eventually we got to the point where she found out that this is indeed a known issue at airbnb and there engineering people are working on a fix.

So why are all there uk customer service people still telling people that it must your own back it isn't airbnbs bank?

It is absolutely disgusting and upsetting.

Hopefully now we know it's their problem they will get it fixed sooner rather than later.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @John6888 , Thanks for coming back and updating us! I hope the issue gets resolved sooner.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

the issue as it stands has not been resolved and now I get a message threatening to cancel the holiday. Customer Support in the UK flatly refuse to accept the issue is Airbnbs. They won't give out a head office number nor transfer me to a manager. 

My partner is in tears over this.

Is there any other method of getting in touch with airbnb other than Customer support?

I'm totally disgusted with their lack of support 

Out of desperation I saw they have a help twitter account so I messaged them for advice.

The solution they suggested was to uninstall the app and reinstall it. Low and behold success, the payment went through.

Now why couldn't their customer support suggest that in the first place and saved us a lot of stress.