Late check out fee

Jamie1279
Level 2
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Late check out fee

Hello, would like to know an effective way to charge a late check out fee, as clearly stated in house rules. When I request money and the guest denies it, airbnb says they cannot get involved even when I have documented photographs as evidence of refusal to leave premises. Any one know how to charge the fee that you deserve?

1 Reply 1
Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

@Jamie1279 

I think the issue would be why are you having so many rule breakers not I have rules but for a fee ignore them.  Your check out time seems typical.  Is it typical for your market?  What do you mean  by a lot random guests every month or every 3 months when I accept a bigger group?  If it is just random and no hints prior every month, I would adjust my check out time and  build a cost in to my price rather than  cause negativity.  If it is something that happens every few months when  I have a group of six, then I wouldn't publicly change  my time but privately I would adjust  my pricing for 6 and my expectation  of check out time by an  hour or two relieve  my stress.  Haha