Late check out fee

Jamie1279
Level 2
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Late check out fee

Hello, would like to know an effective way to charge a late check out fee, as clearly stated in house rules. When I request money and the guest denies it, airbnb says they cannot get involved even when I have documented photographs as evidence of refusal to leave premises. Any one know how to charge the fee that you deserve?

3 Replies 3
Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

@Jamie1279 

I think the issue would be why are you having so many rule breakers not I have rules but for a fee ignore them.  Your check out time seems typical.  Is it typical for your market?  What do you mean  by a lot random guests every month or every 3 months when I accept a bigger group?  If it is just random and no hints prior every month, I would adjust my check out time and  build a cost in to my price rather than  cause negativity.  If it is something that happens every few months when  I have a group of six, then I wouldn't publicly change  my time but privately I would adjust  my pricing for 6 and my expectation  of check out time by an  hour or two relieve  my stress.  Haha

Peg327
Level 2
San Anselmo, CA

If they are staying without your permission & you have clearly said what checkout time is both on your site, in your House Rules Manual in the space and (on the door!) then I would question them. If they ask at that point to stay several hours, then charge for a late check out fee but have it in your House Rules . I do not charge if it's only 1-2 hours.

Best of Luck!

And I would continue to request payment through Airbnb's resolution center. If the guest will not pay then Airbnb contact's them, but it is important to contact Airbnb while you are having the issue & the guest is staying overtime, not later on. You can message them or call them, and at least try to reach out during the issue