Longer Booking Requests

Tiffany944
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

Longer Booking Requests

Hello, I host an airbnb in our carriage house in our backyard. We have had several requests recently for stays longer than a month and don't feel comfortable booking that without first talking to the guest and possibly taking a security deposit. Is it possible to communicate with the potential guest over the phone without violating Airbnb's terms? They typically flag the message if a guest lists a phone number or any other method of contact. Thanks in advance!

6 Replies 6

I have neighbors that take longer bookings only. But for me, I am too nervous someone will stay beyond the time paid and cause me to go through eviction procedures. 

I am nervous as well. This particular situation is someone who lives in my neighborhood and is renovating. I’d like to be able to provide a tour without violating the terms. 

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Tiffany944 

I do a lot of longer stays becase I do a lot of contract employees.  What works for me though is I only accept a 30 day max reservation and then using Airbnb extensions wer extend the reservation.  This makes it easy if the Guest is unhappy they  don't request if I am unhappy I have found my son unexpectedly visiting sorry had to block the nights has worked

Elena4354
Level 7
Porto, Portugal

Hello, @Tiffany944 , according Airbnb rules the host and guest receive each other's contact information after a booking is confirmed. Providing contact information before then is a violation of Airbnb's terms. 

Hosts aren’t allowed to charge guests a security deposit through Airbnb Resolution Centre or outside the Airbnb platform. Instead, Airbnb informs guests at the time of booking that their payment method may be charged if they cause damage during a stay.

Here you can see more information:

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/140

Kind regards.

Elena.

Thank you for the clarification. The guest that wants to stay for several months has reached out and would like to view the property. She is a neighbor. Is there anyway I could allow a preview within the Airbnb terms?

@Tiffany944 0

To me some red flags when someone who lives in the area wants to rent m y higher priced STR property.  I would guess they wouldn't pass the average rental application which usually includes a credit rep;ortg to check if previous evictions,  I would suggest before you go further I would want to see a credit report to make sure she is not setting you up.