Mention in guest review that they tried to blackmail the host

Answered!
Amir47
Level 2
Rochester, MN

Mention in guest review that they tried to blackmail the host

Can I disclosed when I write a review for the guest that they tried to blackmail the host without having it removed by Airbnb?

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Have a look at the Airbnb Help website under Review Policy @Amir47  to see what you 'can and can't do.

Stick to the facts and where guests may have broken house rules/damaged properties.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Amir47 no idea but probably not worth the risk

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Have a look at the Airbnb Help website under Review Policy @Amir47  to see what you 'can and can't do.

Stick to the facts and where guests may have broken house rules/damaged properties.

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Amir47 I wouldn’t do it. It’s your word against their’s. Suppose guest write in their review that you tried to blackmail them?

As @Helen3 said, just stick to facts. And I suggest briefly stating it—no going on and on. Just my 2cents. 

Amir47
Level 2
Rochester, MN

In our 14 years of hospitality, we have never hosted a guest like J. so difficult, intolerable, distasteful, and discourteous. The guest demonstrated a high volume of continual and unusual demands throughout their 31-day stay. Guests contacted us as property management to ask questions such as: “How do I open the door,” How do I lock/unlock the door”, and “How do I turn on the oven.” 9 pm. The amount of outreach and she requested multiple attempts for a refund led to ongoing harassment. It was reported by a neighbor that these guests attempted to enter their rental and made efforts to open their front door. After the guests had occupied the home for 10 days, they abruptly discovered Airbnb’s service fee, which was charged during their initial booking. J. accused us (the host) of stealing, charging their credit card without consent, and not disclosing the fee. After both of us (hosts) and Airbnb Customer service made numerous efforts to explain the fees, communications from J. became so unacceptable and a nuisance and quickly led to the guest becoming aggressive and using blackmail statements. Due to the amount of stress and inexcusable behavior, we were obliged to discontinue communications. To my fellow hosts, I would not recommend hosting J.