Missed and stolen Items

Missed and stolen Items

I already rented my Appartmen a couple of times. But last time some knifes from my Kitchen has been disappered and some Bottles has been emptied from my Bar.

What do I Have to do to keep some mones from my Deposit?

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Frank1481 Airbnb do not collect a security deposit so you cannot keep any money from it I am afraid.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why would you leave bottles in your bar? Please remove them when you have guests  @Frank1481 

Fir the knives of they were expensive you should have asked the guests about them/ put in a claim. 

@Frank1481   Guests often assume that any consumable items like drinks or food in an Entire Home space are available for their use, unless you set clear boundaries such as a lock on the cabinet. 

Kitchen utensils that go missing are often found elsewhere in the property, so it might be better to ask the guest about them politely than to go straight to a resolution request. If you intend to keep on renting the barn, some good ratings and reviews are worth a lot more for your listing than the cost of replacing a few missing items, so in the grand scheme of things, a resolution claim may cost you more than it yields.