My guest has not left by the check out time and are not here.

Amanda1958
Level 1
Jamberoo, Australia

My guest has not left by the check out time and are not here.

I have messaged them but no response.  Can I call them?

5 Replies 5
Amanda1958
Level 1
Jamberoo, Australia

I have called the guest but no answer.

Flavia202
Level 10
Kingston, Jamaica

@Amanda1958 , are you near enough to go look? Or is there someone who can do so for you? Hope there is nothing wrong. You might also want to contact @AirbnbHelp

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Amanda1958  You'll just have to wait to hear from the guest. If you need to get in to clean and prepare for the next guest, pack up the guest's belongings and put them elsewhere and message them to let them know you need to do this.

Did you send a check-out reminder the afternoon before? That's an important thing to do. "Hi  XX, hope you are having a good stay. Just a reminder that your check- out time tomorrow is 11am and I can't be flexible on that as the cleaning needs to commence at 11:15 to prepare for my next guest. Please also make sure to leave enough time to do the things mentioned in the check-out instructions. Thanks for booking with me."

they know they have to check out, ABB sends guests endless messages too. 

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

I had this happen once, the guest honestly thought they'd booked for 2 nights and so went off the next morning on some tourist jaunt. We actually went in because we thought they'd left, and instead saw a big mess. We had to phone them 3 times to get them to return as we had a guest arriving that afternoon.  This is incredibly weird though, because abb sends guests a lot of messages too, reminding them to check out and leave a review.