No replies from customer service

M272
Level 1
Belval, France

No replies from customer service

Despite a couple of messages to Airbnb I have still to receive either a reply or a refund of the costs they said they would repay.

We'd driven nearly 8 hours to find that our host was not legitimate. We had to find somewhere to stay that night pretty quickly

and we were lucky to do that late at night.

The customer service(by phone) was great up to that point apologising for all our troubles and advising that Airbnb would refund the cost of that night if we sent in a copy of the hotel bill. 

But, thats where the customer service stopped.

It's now been 8 months and still nothing.

As most people know, you can only really tell how good a company is when things go wrong. Airbnd have let us down.

As a disabled 67 year old I have lost all faith in this company and cannot afford to be let down in such a way again. Not financially but the health impact on not having a place to stay at the end of any journey.

2 Replies 2
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @M272 

I'm so sorry to hear about this.

The Community Center isn't a formal branch of support for Airbnb, but what I can do is pass your details over to the team who can help, so that they can investigate what's happened and get back to you once they've done that.  I'll be sure to note how long you've been waiting.

Hopefully someone will be in touch soon.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Martyn89
Level 1
Bourne, United Kingdom

Thanks Jenny. Unfortunately the community centre was the only way to contact Airbnb. Or rather I suspected posting an open notice that portrays Airbnb in a poor way might get their attention. 
i hope I'm contacted soon.

Martin