No to Air Fresheners

Answered!
Steven1460
Level 1
Coeur d'Alene, ID

No to Air Fresheners

Hello! I am a frequent guest at Airbnb's and have had many great experiences. However, air fresheners are the worst greeting when I first I arrive at a new one. My sinuses start to close, and I feel like I am having a bad reaction to all of them. I have only one recommendation to owners...please do not ever use air fresheners. How can I spread this advice?

1 Best Answer

@Steven1460 

I am with you on this, and unfortunately there are hosts who love them.  Personally, I am in love with fresh air from an open window, and perfumed things like this make my body totally miserable.  As a guest, I suggest that you ask your hosts to remove any of these that may be in place, and air out the place before you arrive. It is what I do. We may not be able to change the world, but we can ask for clean air in the places we live and sleep in, as guests. 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4

@Steven1460 

I am with you on this, and unfortunately there are hosts who love them.  Personally, I am in love with fresh air from an open window, and perfumed things like this make my body totally miserable.  As a guest, I suggest that you ask your hosts to remove any of these that may be in place, and air out the place before you arrive. It is what I do. We may not be able to change the world, but we can ask for clean air in the places we live and sleep in, as guests. 

Thanks for your advice!

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Steven1460 we had one guest ask us to remove all bedding, towels etc as they preferred to bring their own due to them wanting specific(no?) detergents used. Most hosts are happy to oblige if you just warn them ahead of time.

Yes, but I am in a house tonight where I asked the host to remove them. She did and the smell is still so strong it is making me nauseous and I will no doubt get a migraine. Even airing the house out with fans  on and door open is not working. No air fresheners please!!