Not getting booked since Fall

Anuschka6
Level 1
San Diego, CA

Not getting booked since Fall

We've been Superhosts for over 7 years with a studio, but then added a house last year that fits 14 guests, which was great up until September. We had a few glitches with the Airbnb system, but now the house seems to show up in search, although due to the decrease of inquiries we've changed the settings to only allow 6 guests with a much lower nightly price, yet still not getting booked as often as we did last year.

Our studio seems to be doing ok, although we've had to drop the pricing too compared to the last few years. 

I'm wondering if there has been a change in the algorithms that I'm unaware of? Or if anyone else is having this issue, what they've done to increase bookings with good quality guests because we are not willing to decrease the pricing with 14 guests due to issues we ran into last year for a few guests when we first started out.

Thanks in advance!

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Anuschka6 we have a 1 bed, a 2 bed and a 3 bed listing all attached to our house (apparently the clergy were very rich in the 19th century!). We find that the 3 bed does well in high season but struggles at other times whereas the 1 and 2 bed are fairly consistent year around. So I think you are experiencing an issue of size.

Interesting, thanks for the input. We may need to break it down to 2 separate listings considering this.

Wish12
Level 2
Seattle, WA

i have 19 listings in Seattle WA. No booking since october and november. and its december now, still none.

Are you doing anything to get more bookings? Making any changes?

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Anuschka6, welcome to the Airbnb Community Center,

In addition to what our Hosts comments, I'm sharing a >>link to a discussion<< full of practical tips for increasing bookings. It might be worthwhile to review and consider implementing any relevant suggestions for your listing.

Keep us posted if any of these tips work for you.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad