Odd Reservation Request

Answered!
Melodie40
Level 2
Priest River, ID

Odd Reservation Request

Hello

I had a room request from "John". He want's to reserve the room for his friend 'Mary' who's visiting the area. 

Is this normal? 

His profile is confirmed and has a picture.

1 Best Answer
Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Melodie40 

You can send John the official Airbnb link on the matter if it helps you to explain to him why this booking is not allowed under the Airbnb 3rd party terms:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/427#:~:text=We'd%20love%20to%20welcome,unless%20you're%20staying....

Let us know how how you get on,

All the best

Joëlle

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Kitty-and-Creek0
Top Contributor
Willits, CA

@Melodie40 

Good question - this is not normal. If "John" is not staying, then it is a 3rd party reservation which is not acceptable on this platform. "Mary" should create her own account and request to stay with you.  

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Melodie40 

That would be considered a 3rd party booking.  I rent rooms and I just say have the person book for themselves.  It doesn't take a lot of time or effort to set up am Airbnb account.  If they don't want to then I consider it too risky.  Mayb his friend, maybe his girlfriend maybe someone he met at the park.  

Good points...I thought it was rather odd. But since he was confirmed, I had accepted. I wasn't aware of the 3rd party thing...

@Melodie40 

Who is the reservation for John or Mary?  If it is for John and Mary stays and causes damage you are not covered John simply says I don't know who she let in.

Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Melodie40 

You can send John the official Airbnb link on the matter if it helps you to explain to him why this booking is not allowed under the Airbnb 3rd party terms:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/427#:~:text=We'd%20love%20to%20welcome,unless%20you're%20staying....

Let us know how how you get on,

All the best

Joëlle