One Nighters

Brienne5
Level 2
Addison, NY

One Nighters

Hey hosts!  First time posting here. Hoping to get some advice. We find hosting one nighters to be a bit of a hassle as they tend to leave the place messier than long termers and showing up late, failing to read posted rules.  Is this common? Any advice? We thought of assessing a cleaning fee just for one nighters but there doesn’t seem to be an option for that. 

4 Replies 4

@Brienne5 

So sorry you're having that issue with one nighters! 

We love them. In our experience,  they leave the place clean and tidy, are sweet and appreciative, follow rues to the letter and all want to come back. For us, they are not here long enough to make a mess!  Of course, there is as much laundry to do as for a longer stay, and the same deep cleaning so that the space is pristine for the next arrival. I hope all your future one nighters are as wonderful as ours are!

Shelley159
Level 10
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Brienne5 

I also really enjoy hosting short stays like @Kitty-and-Creek0. I agree that the laundry and high number of guest changeovers can be exhausting. You can add a fee for this if you go to pricing, additional charges, cleaning fee. There you have options for amount per stay and for amount per short stay.

@Brienne5 , I have to agree with others in that I like one nighters. 99% of one nighters don’t leave a mess and leave the place clean. Yes, we still need to clean but we also charge a cleaning fee (cleaning fee is less than our standard cleaning fee).  You can adjust the cleaning fee for one nighters in the app. There’s a short stay (1-2 night cleaning fee) and then your standard right for longer stays. Longer stays, in my opinion, take longer to clean and require a deeper clean. 

Best—

@Ana2038 We don’t charge a standard cleaning fee right now as we thought this would make us competitive as newcomers. I went into the app to try to apply a short stay cleaning fee but it isn’t allowing me to save it. Do you know if Air BnB allows us to apply a cleaning fee to short stays only?