Outdoor space important for guests?

Outdoor space important for guests?

Hi there,

I have a guest suite with two chairs out front (no one has used yet)...I am thinking of putting a side patio garden as they have no access to backyard.  Do you think this would be important to renters?

4 Replies 4

@Amanda1341  I think this would be an attractive feature for guests. When I'm traveling to places with warm climates, I tend to prefer renting places with a pleasant outdoor space to have breakfast or aperitivo, since that's a luxury I don't have at home. I guess smokers who aren't allowed to light up indoors would also appreciate it.

If the garden were sheltered enough to offer some measure of privacy, I think it would increase the overall appeal and value of the listing. Only drawback is, once a feature is included in your offering, guests will judge their experience based in part on that feature"s condition. So to keep up your good reviews /ratings, you'll have to keep that side garden clean between all guests just like the bedroom and bathroom. 

Thanks for your response...yeah I am thinking being in FL it may be nice for some people to have the option to grill out in January.  I am planning a side patio and adding tropical plants to create a private oasis! 🙂

Yulianna0
Level 10
Madrid, Spain

@Amanda1341, that is great idea! And your guests will value it. I have small patio in front of my home and some guests are happy to put chairs there and to enjoy the sun. Greenery makes wonders:)

Lyn3
Level 10
Mapleton, Australia

Hi @Amanda1341  I really, really like to have access to an outdoor space, however small. When I make a cuppa or a cool drink, I always head to the verandah, patio or garden 😊