Payment plan

Answered!

Payment plan

Hello,

I am new on airbnb and do not understand exactly how a payment plan works: i.e. it seems the guest only needs to pay at checkout (after the stay?)? Can I refuse guests that can not pay (to Airbbnb - I understand the host only gets paid within 24h of arrival) upon booking? How can I see that?

Thank you, Katleen

Katleen Krauss
1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Katleen7 Guests pay at the point they book the property. Sometimes they will be allowed to pay 50% at this point and then the remainder about a month before the stay.

The host's payment is released 24 hrs after check in. Depending on the payment method it can take up to 5 working days to actually get to the host's bank account.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Katleen7 Guests pay at the point they book the property. Sometimes they will be allowed to pay 50% at this point and then the remainder about a month before the stay.

The host's payment is released 24 hrs after check in. Depending on the payment method it can take up to 5 working days to actually get to the host's bank account.

Thanks, so the guest needs in any case to pay at the latest a month before arrival (to Airbnb I mean, I understand that the host is only paid 24h after arrival). Thank you, Katleen

Katleen Krauss
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Katleen7 

And to add to the above, with long term stays (28 days+), the payment for the first month is issued about 24 hours after check in and then in monthly instalments after that.

If you go to the menu on your hosting page (not listings page) and click on Transaction History, you can see both payments that have been issues and upcoming payments that are yet to be issued. If you have selected to received emails in your settings, you should also get an email confirmation when each payment is released.