Paypal Error As Payout

Answered!
Stacey285
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Paypal Error As Payout

Hello Airbnb Community!

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this - I just published my first listing and I have been trying to setup Paypal as my Payout option.  For some reason, I keep getting the following error message once I select Paypal and the process begins to switch to that site "Unfortunately, a server error prevented your request from being completed. Airbnb may be undergoing maintenance or your connection might have timed out.  Please try again."  I've cleaned my cache, tried it on Firefox, Chrome and the app and I still get the same message. "  Adding a checking account works smoothly.  Does anybody know why this is happening and how to fix it?

1 Best Answer
Vivian860
Level 5
Richmond, ME

This happened to me as well. Instead I put in my bank account. I already had a separate bank account for my business from my personal accounts. I would suggest opening up a business account and have AirBnB, free of charge, direct payment in there. I believe there is a fee for AirBnB to put money in your PayPal account. I went free because I need all the money I can get 🙂

Hope this helps, Good Luck! 

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Vivian860
Level 5
Richmond, ME

This happened to me as well. Instead I put in my bank account. I already had a separate bank account for my business from my personal accounts. I would suggest opening up a business account and have AirBnB, free of charge, direct payment in there. I believe there is a fee for AirBnB to put money in your PayPal account. I went free because I need all the money I can get 🙂

Hope this helps, Good Luck! 

@Vivian860 Hello, thank you so much for responding! So Paypal finally got back to me via Twitter and said that anytime you try to connect it to a website it might get flagged for being a non-trusted site and that you have to wait 48 hours before trying to add Paypal again.  So I was finally able to connect it, but you're saying they charge a fee for payouts?

PayPal takes their fee for depositing money. plus they take a fee every time you withdraw too.

So AirBnB takes a fee AND now PayPal takes a fee... I want to keep my money!

If you deposit it into your bank account, your bank doesn't take a fee. It's a simple money deposit like normal.