Problem with guests

Gabriel5241
Level 1
Tromsø, Norway

Problem with guests

hi,

there are some guests who want their money back because self-inflicted damage ruined their visit. They say the apartment is missing items that I have not said are in the apartment either

(slippers).

when they wrote this, I told airbnb that they themselves destroyed the curtains and that I cannot be held responsible for what they destroy while they are there.

I didn't answer the rest of what they asked.. where can I give more details to the case that is excluded?

5 Replies 5
Frederick153
Level 3
Santa Monica, CA

Hi @Gabriel5241 ,

In situations like these, clear and thorough communication is key. Make sure to address all the points raised by the guests and provide detailed evidence of the damage, such as photos or videos. If you haven't already, an inventory list of the items in the apartment can be very helpful to clarify any discrepancies.

Additionally, having a well-organized welcome book can greatly assist in preventing misunderstandings. It helps clearly outline what is included and expected, which can save time and stress if issues arise. There are some excellent customizable templates available online like templacity that can make creating a comprehensive and professional welcome book easier.

Hope this helps, and good luck resolving the situation!

Thanks, i called airbnb support and got the review removed, since it was all lies. 

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Gabriel5241 

I didn't see a review that mention curtains.  As the Host even if the Guest caused damage if the  item is essential and curtains providing privacy is considered essential.  The Host is responsible to provide repair in a reasonable time frame.  Then the Host has the right to seek reimbursement

Thanks, i called airbnb support and got the review removed, since it was all lies.