Problems with guest

Answered!
Huda35
Level 2
Doha, Qatar

Problems with guest

There’s a guest who checked in yesterday. He kept trying to negotiate my rates and convince me to pay cash outside Airbnb. I accepted to give him a 50% discount but insisted that we keep everything on Airbnb. His booking duration is for a month but now he’s asking me to reduce his booking to 2 weeks and refund him the money. I eventually offered

to refund him 25% but he’s still pushing for more. What do you recommend that I do? 

1 Best Answer
Robert375
Level 3
Vallejo, CA

Tell him you do not handle the payments and that he will have to contact airbnb. This is what I tell people. Just say you pay airbnb a lot of money to handle the payment side of things and that you are hands off on everything related to money. 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Robert375
Level 3
Vallejo, CA

Tell him you do not handle the payments and that he will have to contact airbnb. This is what I tell people. Just say you pay airbnb a lot of money to handle the payment side of things and that you are hands off on everything related to money. 

I’ll do that, thank you so much! 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Huda35 ,

Hope you are well!

@Robert375 has correctly guided you that it is worth flagging it to Airbnb Customer Support and keeping all the communication over the Airbnb Platform.

Is there any update regarding this so far?

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why on earth would you refund him 25% when he chose to get a huge discount in return for committing to a one month stay.

If he is staying for less than a month and you accepted that he could reduce his stay, then you should have recalculated based on your standard weekly discounted rate not the huge 50% discount.

In your situation I would have refused to accept the request to reduce the term of the booking @Huda35 . More importantly I wouldn't have accepted the booking in the first place at such a huge discount - guests who push for huge discounts and want to book off platform are a huge red flag for me.