Resolution - Airbnb absolutely no help whatsoever

Answered!
Katharina381
Level 2
Lana, Italy

Resolution - Airbnb absolutely no help whatsoever

I wonder if any other host has had such an appalling experience with Airbnb support and so-called "Support Ambassadors".

I had a guest report a complaint about a couple of insects in my listing. Without asking for any input from me, Airbnb found me "guilty" and suspended my listing. (The complaint is unfounded; the guest is just trying to get a free night - he left a fabulous review and mentioned nothing to me when he stayed & departed.)

I have now had to deal with 11 different people from support at Airbnb! Each one claims to be wanting to get this resolved. Each one claims to be working with me to resolve this. A few have even asked me to repeat the details of my position on this matter. And then someone new comes along and it goes no where. 

Meanwhile my listing remains suspended and absolutely no one at Airbnb seems to want to make the effort of helping sort this out. Other than, of course, to get me to pay the guest money, which I refuse to do.

Does Airbnb not realise that without us hosts, they would not even have a business? They can have as many guests as they want but no hosts = no fees for Airbnb. 

Looking through this Community Center I see that hosts are treated appallingly by Airbnb.  And now they treat me likewise.

Anyone from Airbnb here who would make the effort to help?  Otherwise I'm off to a different rental platform (there are plenty!)

1 Best Answer
Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Hi @Katharina381 and welcome to the Community Center 🤗

So sorry to hear you've been faced with this! Although this isn't a customer service forum, we have raised this with the relevant team and hope they'll be in touch with you soon. In the meantime, please let us know if you hear from them or get this sorted!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

11 Replies 11
Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Hi @Katharina381 and welcome to the Community Center 🤗

So sorry to hear you've been faced with this! Although this isn't a customer service forum, we have raised this with the relevant team and hope they'll be in touch with you soon. In the meantime, please let us know if you hear from them or get this sorted!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Breanna,

Thank you for taking the trouble of trying to help constructively. I still have not heard from one of the numerous "Support Ambassadors" who is apparently working on this case. I'll give it 24 hours and then, if nothing, will close my hosting account with Airbnb.  Enough is enough.

Thanks for your help Breanna. I got a short message from "Support" and my listing is now back in action. 

Wanda70
Level 2
Durban, South Africa

Sounds awful. In my experience it's very one-sided. You do your best as a host, and of course, because it is of benefit to us, but still, it should be a two-way street. And I currently have found very little support for my issue with AirBnB. Same as you, explaining to person after person. Some a little more helpful than others.

In the past when I have had guest issues, not often but when they have happened, support has not been forthcoming. The current glitch cost me a potential five week stay.

Yet how you explain things is exactly what happens ...

Hope you get sorted out and "heard". How strange the person left a great review then this happens. Makes no sense.

Best, Wanda

Thanks Wanda for your support all the way from Durban! I'll post in 24 hours - by the look of it, I will leave Airbnb and go with a more host friendly platform.

Hi Wanda, with a short no explanation message from support yesterday, I am now back listed on Airbnb. Not a nice experience the whole thing.

Annie1543
Level 2
California, United States

You are not alone! I had a terrible guest who made a safety complaint AFTER checkout and AFTER reading my honest review. This of course closed my listing to bookings. It has been a week and still NOTHING. 

My advice, take your business elsewhere!

HI Annie. Sounds just like useless Airbnb support for hosts.  Hope you get it sorted, but I don't want you to get your hopes up - I have now been suspended for about 6 weeks with ZERO support from Airbnb!

I'm soon off to host friendly pastures ...!

Good luck with your case.

Hi Annie - I got my listing reinstated yesterday. She who shouts the loudest …! (But it shouldn't be like that).

Lynne209
Level 2
Sydney, Australia

I had a similar experience. Airbnb took the guests side and would not support me. My guest reported I didnt have a spa bath, but they were staying in my second listing which only had a shower. Airbnb told me i was lying about my listing. Lost my super host status and now 2 yrs later, still havent regained it.

Hi Lynne, my listing is now back on line and they haven't taken away my super host status.  I'm afraid to say it is just down to creating a stink with Airbnb to get heard.  Good luck with regaining your super host status.