Resolution. False Claims by Host

Answered!
Tim2532
Level 2
Port Angeles, WA

Resolution. False Claims by Host

I have often hosted thru AirBnB. But now using AirBnB as a guest while touring France.

A host decided to attack me.

He took a series of fotos of defects in his unit and has blamed me for them. All the defects were existing before I

used his studio apartment. He requested I pay $600+.

I looked thru his prior reviews and discovered he and a guest had previously noted one of these defects . A broken door to the inside freezer in a fridge. He had blamed another guest of the same defect. And a previous guest had noted this defect. That is actual proof that he lies.

Also, anybody taking a close look at his other defects would realize they are old.

I have spoken with the "Support Team" personnel but have gotten nowhere.  Promises to do something. And nothing 

happens. 

The "Resolution Team" is the same.  They seem to understand and then I hear nothing. It's very strange.

Lots of format replies but no action.

Finally, they send me a message saying "pay $300".  Why would I pay this lier? The Resolution Team have proof of his lies, but do not react.

I would appreciate any comments. Many thanks.

1 Best Answer

Problem solved. thanks

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Tim2532 

Thanks for letting us know about this.

I've passed all of the details over to the team, so that they can investigate, and come back to you with a resolution.

You should hear directly from them when they've had a chance to review everything, but if I hear anything, I'll let you know.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Problem solved. thanks

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

That's great @Tim2532 - thanks for coming back to let us know!

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Sheila699
Level 2
Arlington, VA

I’ve been trying to contact them for a week to resolve an unfair review without resolution, I don’t know what to do