Service fee

Answered!
Wendy1053
Level 2
Pierrerue, France

Service fee

Hi, 

I have a house with 5 room and I rented it out like BxB. 
I never had to many problems with people not wanting to pay the service fee. 
they stayed not very long. 

This year I wanted more time with my family so we decided to rent the ENTIRE house. 
I never had so many people trying to contact me privately so they don’t have to pay the big service fee that comes with renting for a big amount and longer time. For to weeks the service fee is up to 1750 euro on top of my price. 
I suggested to Airbnb to change there 15 % daily rate to a more adjusted price. 
Like they suggest to us to give a discount when you rent out a week or a month. 
people don’t want to pay 1750 euro more to rent out a house they can find on the internet and call privately. 
so I suggested a more gentle price for big rentals over a longer period. 
I don t want to rent out without Airbnb. 
The people who call me are often angry because I d ont want their booking private. 
Its a difficult situation. 
anyone can help, one way or another . 

1 Best Answer
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

well, @Wendy1053  my opinion is completely opposite, I don't rent my mid-term and long-term properties via Airbnb, only privately. Why? Because I can take a real security deposit and sign a contract.

Airbnb is great for short stays though.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

well, @Wendy1053  my opinion is completely opposite, I don't rent my mid-term and long-term properties via Airbnb, only privately. Why? Because I can take a real security deposit and sign a contract.

Airbnb is great for short stays though.

Wendy1053
Level 2
Pierrerue, France

I hear what you are saying. Thank you for your help.