Things I find unusual about my guests

Kamilla8
Level 2
Hillsboro, TN

Things I find unusual about my guests

We have been AirBnB hosts for about 4 years and there are three things I find unusual:

1.  people sleep on the pillow with the sham on it. There are plenty of pillows on the bed or in the closet without shams. Why do they choose to sleep on the pillows in shams?
  2. Most people don’t shower even if they are there for 3-4 days. Ewww! Why?  There are loads of towels and I can supply more if needed. 
  3. Many people sleep either on top of both sheets or on top of all bed covering. It doesn’t save me any work. I still change and wash everything. 

Maybe I’m naive. These things just don’t seem normal to me. Do these things happen in your lodgings also?? 
Just curious. 😊

34 Replies 34
Philip2699
Level 2
Jersey City, NJ

Being a host definitely highlights to you how unique people can be. After one checkout we found the bed had been moved about 1ft to the left. It's a solid bed so can't move with just movement in the bed - you would have to take 2 people to push it hard to make it move. But that they did - and there is no possible reason for having done so (that we can think of) and we have tried to think of all possible reasons!

@Philip2699  What is the ventilation in the room?  I once had to move a bed in an accommodation because the draft from the air conditioning vent made sleeping uncomfortable, but turning it off would have made the room unbearable.

Kamilla8
Level 2
Hillsboro, TN

Well, after reading some of y’alls experiences, mine don’t seem so strange!! 🤣🤣🤣

Lynne446
Level 1
Victoria, Canada

Does anyone else have many guests who ask to check in early or check out late?  

Just wondering cause check in time is stated for a reason.

thanks for your suggestions.

I always try to ask what time they expect to arrive.  If the situation seems to benefit from early check-in I will offer that.  Some have been very grateful (an example is getting in early to dress for a wedding instead of checking in afterwards.). 
when a guest tells me when to expect their arrival it is almost always later than stayed, sometimes several hours later.  Only occasionally will I get a specific request for late or early check in.