Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

What does this mean? "Your account is fully restored." I never knew it was altered?

Erin443
Level 10
Salt Lake City, UT

What does this mean? "Your account is fully restored." I never knew it was altered?

Oh, clever ones...

Some of you were kind enough to give me advice after I had the Guests From Hell, who managed to trash our guest apartment before we forced them out. There was an investigation, because they left a used syringe, amongst so many other "treasures." 

Our case got sent to the Safety Department, and after answering a few questions, I got this today:

"I hope you’re well. I’ve finished my investigation and followed up with Sarina so I’m going to close out our email. 

Your account has been fully restored.

Thanks again for letting us know about what happened—we rely on these reports to keep the community safe."

What does "your account is fully restored" mean? I wasn't aware or notified there was any change in our account or status? My husband did notice we didn't get any bookings during the week it took them to investigate, but we'd never received any notice of anything, so I'm just guessing at this point. 

Info, please. What exactly happened here?  Thank you!

4 Replies 4
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Erin443  Hmmm,  not sure. Did you notice if any of your calendar was blocked during that time?  I certainly never got a message to that effect after my claim was finished and closed, and they didn't do anything to my account. 

Maybe it's just an odd term for 'closing the file now'? For many of the reps at Airbnb, English isn't their first language. 

How did everything end up going for you?

Hi Colleen, thank you- maybe you're right. The person asking me for info was definitely ESL. It was odd, especially since I'd never gotten anything like, "Hey, we're limiting your account during the investigation." My calendar stayed the same.

Thank you again for your kindness with that mess! It didn't cost as much as I feared to replace and repair some things, there's still hair dye stains in the shower and on the floor, but it's much better after 3 days of scrubbing. I did send everything in on time with pictures and receipts and haven't heard back. How long did it take you to get the insurance refund?

Thanks again, you rock! 🙂

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Erin443 Well I guess if your calendar wasn't affected then it's all good. It took just over a month for my claim, from start to finish. Funny (not funny) you had to deal with hair dye, because I did too...pink dye. Oxiclean and hot water 2x soaking overnight, then a run through on the white cycle and all my white towels were restored. It was a lot harder to get the stains out of the counter top and and floors!

Erin443
Level 10
Salt Lake City, UT

Isn't that weird? You'd think the counters and floors wouldn't be so permeable. That is weird we both had the Hair Dye Explosion of Doom. I'm glad you're free of that! I've run through 6 boxes of magic sponges trying to get the dye out of the shower surround.