What should i do with this liar guest??

What should i do with this liar guest??

Hey everyone, there was a guest of mine who cancelled his stay in the 2nd day of his 5 day stay, his reasons was the poor wifi connection , a not cooling fridge and a blocked shower drain.

Well i am checking the house before every guest and everything was perfect again before this guest also, and before he leaves he contacted the support and asked for a full refund, i suggested a lot of things to ease his stay despite his all that unmeaningful questions(he asked masses of questions for hours!) , but then i get home after he left, and literally found everything was working perfectly in order..., support said that they'll also pay for his food which got bad in the fridge and for his work where he says he lost 150$ because of the internet.  So i also took my proofs and send them to support, guess what! they didn't believe me, and even talked like joking with me. I think this guest just didn't like my place and wanted to leave and made up that issues that were not real but he still got his refund and + his work and food money from Airbnb, and i lost 5 day stay's money! So this system is not protecting the hosts in any ways! I was going to open a claim case for the fridge before seeing that it was working perfectly, but now i don't know what to do, i'm sure that he'll leave a very bad review just to support his made up issues. The thing is he has a lot of reviews around 30 and i've 8 , we're both 5☆, what should i wrote to him as a review and as a reply to his bad review ?

(The Airbnb Support and it's aircover is not for hosts at all but for guests who lies and tooks money from them)

I started to hear a lot of issues about support's not protecting the hosts and i think i'll stop using this app soon.

3 Replies 3

take it up to airbnb on twitter and facebook

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Drop it and hope he doesn't leave a review, and lessen the damage which happens because it is a very flawed system. Chuck it to Life.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Gokhan13 wrote:

The thing is he has a lot of reviews around 30 and i've 8 , we're both 5☆, what should i wrote to him as a review and as a reply to his bad review ?

This is why you can't always rely on reviews alone. The most horrible guests I ever hosted had around 25 positive reviews and a 5* rating, but I would not recommend them to my worst enemy. I don't think that it is a coincidence that after I left a negative review for them, so did their next host. I wish hosts would leave more honest reviews in general, but I think some are afraid of saying something negative about a guest when all their previous hosts have only said positive things.

@Gokhan13 If you decide to leave a review, wait until the 14 day deadline is almost up, so as not to prompt the guest to leave one for you. If he does leave one before that, no need to wait.

This is a tricky one because I have heard that Airbnb may remove a review if you mention a refund case. Perhaps something like this:

"X made several complaints about non-existent issues in order to shorten his stay, including claiming the WiFi and fridge didn't work. Everything he complained about was checked both before and after his stay and was in perfect working order. As you can see from my other reviews, no guests before or after him complained about any of these things. I tried to be very accommodating to X and answered all of his many, many questions, but he was still not satisfied. I cannot recommend this guest."

Replying to his review will be easier, but let's see first what it says. Hopefully he will slip up and mention something that violates the content policy so that you can request it be removed.

In future, if you don't do so already, please read the reviews that the guest has left for other hosts. These can often be more telling that the reviews they have received. I wish I had done that with the horrible guests I mentioned above.