airbnb help substandard

Huw45
Level 1
Nelson, New Zealand

airbnb help substandard

Hi, how does everyone else find the Airbnb help - I've only had bad experiences.  Examples: -

1. guest could not book because they deposit was too large (max on credit card) - contacted airbnb which indicated "AIRBNB said you can modify terms of payment at your end and we understand to secure it needs a deposit of some sort."
  2. I could not find anyway of doing this so contacted them again myself - was told they was nothing that could be done - the orignal info was incorrect, but they would call the potential guest - i had explained several times that there was no reservation - it was alos evident form my account - i explained i blocked out the days to reserve for these guest till we resolved.
  3. received a follow email saying we could not call the guest as we did not have a reservation.... please can you get the guest ot contact us (loop appearing here).  Airbnb took it upon themselves to close out the help request at this point.
  4. recontacted airbnb to ask what else could be done - as they had already been incontact
  5. in the mean time i had figured out a resolution - and got the guest to reduce length of booking to reduce the credit card fees - but this leave us as host exposed as have to leave  periods blocked ou wih out bookings.
  6. initial help message ahve now been removed by aribnb - this really annoys me.   

Further comment question: -  why do Airbnb need to take such a large booking up front for extended stays - example my booking was for August to October.  The amount in June they are trying to charge the guest is 12k - this large deposit is of no benefit to anyone but Aribnb as they can pop into the bank account and earn interest on money they will never actually earn - putting at risk my booking.

thoughts please.

2 Replies 2
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Huw45 , thank you for sharing your experience with other Hosts.

Was the guest able to contact Airbnb Support eventually? From your post it seems you managed to work out a resolution with the guest by reducing the length of the stay (apologies in case I've missed something here).  Have they extended the stay after securing the booking? How is this overall situation working out for you?

I hope other experienced Host members can shed some light on what would they do if they faced a similar situation 👀

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Steve2584
Level 3
Atlanta, GA

I FIND IT IMPOSSIBLE TO GET PROPER HELP IN ANY WAY, EVER.  I CURRENTLY HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM THAT I CANT GET FIXED. IT'S A SHAME THAT WE HAVE NO WAY TO CONTACT APPROPRIATE PERSONS FOR PROBLEMS THAT SUPPORT ISNT TRAINED TO DO.