First time in Bali Indonesia. How does one verify a listing is legit and not a scam? Alternative methods?

Pat12133
Level 1
New York, NY

First time in Bali Indonesia. How does one verify a listing is legit and not a scam? Alternative methods?

It's my first time going to Bali Indonesia with a family of 4. I saw a cheap listing, but wasn't sure if this was legit or not. As its for a 2 bedroom for $40 a night. Seems like a steal when compared to hotels that go for $100-200 a night in the area. I'm guessing it doesnt include many things with it. 

Open to any ideas of how to verify further as this listing doesn't really have much reviews: **

**[Identifiable listing removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines- Please note that is not allowed to post a listing link unless posted by a listing owner]

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Pat12133 It looks legitimate BUT the hosts reviews for another place (could be this place resisted) are pretty dire.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Have you read the hosts previous reviews @Pat12133 I wouldn't book with a host with a four star rating.

look for established superhosts who have been operating a year or more with great recent reviews.