generic and NOT transparent Airbnb payout on bank statements

Jacob231
Level 9
Copenhagen, Denmark

generic and NOT transparent Airbnb payout on bank statements

Dear Airbnb community (and hopefully someone from Airbnb will also read this),

I have raised this question before towards Airbnb and the handling companies of the Airbnb payout from guest bookings and what information appears on my bank statements, or the lack of information: it just says generically "Overforsel" which in Danish means "Transfer", and no word of who is the sender or for what. This is unacceptable especially in our digital times where transparency is fundamental.

All other transactions on my bank statments have a clear sender and purpose, for example "IKEA, furniture, 100 DKK",  DSB state railway, ticket, 188 DKK, etc. 

How come Airbnb is not capable of paying out money in a transparent and precise way like any other private company and public institution?

Please help and make the changes.

Thanks and best regards,

Jacob

3 Replies 3
Shelley159
Level 10
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Jacob231 

In my country my bank statements also don't show the payments are from Airbnb, but it shows the name of a 3rd party payment service. So it's probably the 3rd party contractor in your country whose name is not showing. In case it helps at all (I know this is not your main question), you can see exact payment dates and guest details if you click on Menu and then Earnings. This is designed to help you reconcile your bank statements.

Hi Shelley159,

thanks for joining and sharing info. Yes, it may be a 3rd party that does not care or doesn't know how to transfer properly. I addressed the issue some years ago when Airbnb was using  Trustly in Sweden for Northern European transfers and after a long ping pong with Trustly they finally started naming the transactions properly (i.e. anything else than just "overførsel" = transfer). But lately Airbnb must have changed contractor to VISA in London and the problem is back again. Contacting VISA has been in vain, and Airbnb has only escalated the matter just now, and I am waiting for a reply – and solution.

It is about how the transactions appear on the bank statement, not in the Airbnb system.

Best, Jacob

Bibi33
Level 2
Newburgh, NY

Hi Jacob you are correct.  I  am puzzled about that too.  The Bank statement doesn't indicate which guest the payment is from. 

The bank statement has only jumbled letters , numbers and symbols with ABNB . I  usually figured it out by the reservation payment amount, but its a hasel to go back and fort . 

Lets hope that someone from ABNB will pick up on this and structure a more helpful funds transfer.

Regards

Bibi