Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

change the owner name

change the owner name

Hi,

for taxes reasons i would like to change the ownership of one of my listings from my name to my wife name, but i do not want to loose the reviews  and the history, anybody knows if it is possible and how to do it?

thanks for your help

luca

4 Replies 4
Deb29
Level 9
San Mateo, CA

@Luca0

If you click on Account and then on Payout Preferences, you can map a listing to whomever you'd like without needing to move any reviews

Good luck!
Deb
Ira4
Level 10
Athens, Greece

@Luca110 you can do what @Deb said because the payouts from different listings can be directed to different account and that can mean to different persons. Also, as the other person is your wife, you can change your profile to a couple profile. You can go to Edit Profile and change your Airbnb name from Luca to Luca & (your wife's name). So, it is totally reasonable for you to have listings that belong either to one of you either to the other. This is just an idea.

Good luck with everything! 

Hello,

We are selling our house, in which we rent out 2 Airbnb listings. We have over 50 great reviews so obviously the new owner would like to continue rentals but without loosing the reviews. As my name as owner is currently often mentioned in the reviews, i think it's best she makes a new profile as owner and mention in there that she's the new owner, but the room and appartment will stay the same (furnished as it is now). But how do I 'delete' myself as host and add her as new host without loosing the listings and the reviews? Anyone that can help me out?

Thank you in advance, Margot

The-Turner-Family0
Level 4
Hawaii, United States

I have discovered that you can do this without disrupting the reviews and history. just go to Account, then to Payout Preferences, there you can add or change taxpayer information. This is the only area that needs to be changed in order to change who the taxpayer is. Great advice from Ira as well !! I have done that already. 

@Margot23 I don't think it's possible to do what you are suggesting. I wish it were... I am in a similiar position. Our family has a couple of rentals and when I started managing on behalf of the family I put them all under me along with my own property for ease of management, but now am realizing that our local laws require them to be separate and I have a ton of reviews that I would like to 'carry over' to the new profiles but I have spoken to Airbnb staff that says no. Very sad that all those reviews will just not be there for people to see 😞 

For anyone that has any experience with starting over with a new profile for an existing rental that is going to continue on... I would love to hear anyone's experiences or knowledge of any pro's- con's or tips. Greatly appreciated !!