chat

Justine284
Level 2
Sydney, Australia

chat

I have changed my email and bank details for my payouts. i haven't received my $1 to confirm

3 Replies 3
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Justine284 

Hi Justine, two things would have happened.

When you changed your email address you would have received an sms to your phone with a link to tap to verify that the change of email address was genuine.

The other thing that would have happened when you changed your payout account details you would have within 30 minutes got an email that looks like this.......

Account changed A.png

Can you verify to us that both those things did happen? 

If you didn't respond to the payout email within 72 hours Airbnb would have sent a few cents to your new account as they would assume that the details of the change are correct.

Justine click your profile photo top right corner of the screen, >to your Account  > Payments & Payouts > Payout Preferences and you will be faced with a screen similar to this.......

account settings b.png

It can take up to 7 days for changes to come into effect. We here in Australia are on a delay compared to the US.....those carrier pigeons have a long way to fly.....

emoji 5.png

If everything checks out either email Trust and Safety at https://www.airbnb.co.uk/trust

or call the Sydney number 02 85203333 and get an agent to check it out.

All the best.....

Cheers........Rob

Edit:....As an aside Justine, I have a poster that was produced for a Burt Bacharach/Carole Bayer Sager concert tour in the early 2000's  when they were to give a concert at the Crackenback resort sound shell. The poster is the best I have ever seen!

All it is , is a washed out face image of Burt Bacharach and simply scrolled across the front of it in bold script is....

"Bacharach at Crackenback"!

@Robin4 

That sounds pretty german. 🙂

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Ute42 

Hi Ute, a lot of Australian place names have come from early slang expressions.

The Crackenback range is snow country.....it is the highest land plateau in Australia. Would you believe, there is more snow in Australia than there is in Switzerland! But almost all of it is concentrated in the cattle high country that is.....the Crackenback ranges.

The name came about from old cattle-mustering folklore where the cattle stock men on horseback mustering the cattle used to crack stock-whips to keep the herd together. So, the expression came from the cattleman's cry to each other "Crack em back" ........meaning, crack your whip to control the herd!

All that high country became affectionately know as.....The Crackenback!

Sorry Ute, large parts of Australia were settled as German enclaves.....almost all our Barossa Valley heritage has it's origins in Germany and in some of the villages you would think you are in Rüdesheim or any of those little Rhineland towns. My neigbouring town Of Hahndorf  was named after Captain Dirk Hahn who brought a ship load of German lutherans here to Australia to escape the persecution of the King of Prussia.

Hahndorf-Autumn-2011_22.jpg

Germany has a big influence on Australia, but none of it associated with ....the Crackenback!

Cheers.......Rob