preventing bad guests to book

preventing bad guests to book

Its been only a month and I have had 3 bad experiences.  I do not want to write bad reviews and prefer not to write anything about these guests.

Wondering if there is a way to block them from re-booking without them knowing

5 Replies 5
Deborah350
Level 7
Grafton, Australia

A review is for the other hosts. If you had seen a poor review….would you have allowed them to stay? 
you are doing a dis service to every other host!

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Tara659 

The only way to discourage bad guests is to give them the reviews they deserve.

You don’t have to go into detail. You can say something positive but not exactly complimentary, such as “Guest observed some of the house rules,” or “Guest was slightly communicative regarding travel plans.”

If they did something well say that first.

If you give them 3 stars or less they cannot instant book so you and other hosts will have the opportunity to review their history before accepting them.

If you write a review you will be able to choose “would/would NOT host this guest again.” This information will be kept private and the guest will not know.

Good luck, and remember that the review process is there for the benefit of all hosts, including you.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Tara659 The best way for all of us to avoid bad guests, yourself included, is to leave an honest review. So, you are sending these bad guests back out to book with unsuspecting hosts. Now consider if I did the same thing you are doing. Then that bad guest books with you, and you suffer the consequences. We all need to do our part. 

The title of your post is “preventing bad guests to book”. The way to do that is through thorough vetting and being watchful for red flags. There are lots of ways to do that. Have a read of this forum. You’ll learn a bunch. 

Marissa160
Level 10
Dallas, TX

@Tara659  I don’t like to write bad reviews either but it has to be done and is part of the business. Of course being nice and writing good reviews is SO MUCH easier. 

Hi @Tara659,

what kind of bad experiences? If you are new it may be useful to talk in this community to try to avoid them with some advice on communicating with guests, for example, or to realize, perhaps, that in part what you consider bad experience is something that in this "activity" often happens and you must therefore learn to endure.

Good luck!