Self Check-in System

Gift22
Level 3
Livingstone, Zambia

Self Check-in System

Hi!

I'm trying to figure out how a guest would use a Self-check-in method when (#1) I keep two vicious dogs for security, and (#2) my gate is always locked from the inside.

7 Replies 7
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Gift22 The very obvious answer is that self check in will not be possible in your case. In fact I even wonder if the place is suitable for guests.

Thanks for commenting. But why do you think that the place isn't safe for guests? The dogs are released from the dog house at particular times. They are managed well for the safety of others.  But kindly share your views about dogs and hosting. I need to hear the opinions of people, who have been hosting for a long time since I'm a beginner. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Gift22 Guests expect to be able to come and go when they want to. If the dogs are out and the gate locked from the inside how will they come in or go out? Its not safe if they have to interact with viscous (your word) dogs.

Point! I need to rethink how to increase security. Thanks!

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

How are you going to ensure guests come and go safely at will when you have to ensure your dogs are caged for guest safety and you state your door is already locked.

Have you thought about liability if your dogs attack and injury a guest @Gift22 

Gift22
Level 3
Livingstone, Zambia

The guests are safe as far as dogs are concerned. The issue is self check in. They can't come without my knowledge.

I prioritized security over self check in. I guess that I just have to rethink🤔 another security method other than the  dogs, since CCTV are not allowed by Airbnb. And this is a challenge because human security guards haven't been effective before. 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

CCTV is allowed with Airbnb @Gift22