25 upgrades for Hosts, from calendar to checkout

Airbnb
Official Account

25 upgrades for Hosts, from calendar to checkout

Your feedback inspired the upgrades we announced on May 3 in the Airbnb 2023 Summer Release. Hosts who opted into Early Access are already using many of the new features, which begin rolling out to everyone in June.

The latest tools help you do things like:

• Compare your price to the average prices of similar listings nearby
  • Easily set and adjust pricing from your calendar
  • Send quick replies with built-in checkout instructions
  • Get read receipts, so you can tell if your messages have been read
  • Share payouts and more account permissions with your Co-Hosts

We also introduced Airbnb Rooms, featuring the Host Passport. If you Host a private room in your home, you can now share more details about yourself with guests in your profile. A new Rooms Category at the top of our homepage highlights some of these listings. And updated search filters make it simple for guests to switch between rooms, homes, and other types of places.

Which feature are you most excited about?     

Select any link below to learn more and discuss these upgrades:

👉New pricing tool compares similar listings nearby   

👉Redesigned pricing tools, all in your calendar 

👉Making your calendar easier to manage in the app

👉Control what Co-Hosts can access and share payouts 

👉Introducing checkout instructions and reminders
👉You asked, we delivered: Announcing read receipts

👉Airbnb Rooms, an all-new take on private rooms

Updated on June 6, 2023

82 Replies 82
Sarah5000
Host Advisory Board Member
Adelaide, Australia

I like these updates 

Sarah
Mariann4
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Where is the guest passport? As a homesharing host I would like to know who is asking to stay with me as much as guests wants to know who they are staying with. I would also like to stay safe, in my own home.

When implementing a host passport, why is there not an equivalent for guests? 

Also: the search function for guests has not been fixed. It still shows a week if you don't put in dates. That leaves hosts with max days less than a week invisible in results. 

You said you had listened to hosts... This severly flawed search engine should be fixed if you had...

@Mariann4  I agree with you 100%.

And a pet fee is still for just 1 pet per stay and is included in the nightly price and not separated, like the cleaning fee. Does Airbnb really listen to its hosts?

Some of these upgrades sound good.... in theory... we have yet to see them in practice...

Agreed - I have 8 years of reviews for guests to look through. Many guests have none and no information on their profile. The guest already has lots of info to look at. As hosts sharing our homes the platform currently provides nothing for us to decide if potential guests would be a good fit. 

Flavia202
Level 10
Kingston, Jamaica

Hello Hosts,
Just got this in an email w/video re the upgrades. Some helpful features, in my opinion. Which features do you like (or not):-
https://www.airbnb.com/release/host?src_section=365465&c=.pi80.pkb21uaS80LzY3ODI4&euid=f8dec0a0-e79c...

@Flavia202 The price comparison tool looks really good to me. Seeing comparisons to booked and unbooked properties locally is very interesting.

Yes, @Mike-And-Jane0 

I'm going to be using that one a lot (lol)!

Where is the guest passport? As a homesharing host I would like to know who is asking to stay with me as much as guests wants to know who they are staying with. I would also like to stay safe, in my own home.

When implementing a host passport, why is there not an equivalent for guests? 

Also: the search function for guests has not been fixed. It still shows a week if you don't put in dates. That leaves hosts with max days less than a week invisible in results. 

You said you had listened to hosts... This severly flawed search engine should be fixed if you had...

**[Sensitive information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]**

However in reality the range they give is very broad so not as helpful as you think. And also they've removed the recommended nightly price when you select a date or series of dates. Which is bizarre. Not sure why they can't have both. 

I like the check out list.  The only caveat is the guest won't see it if they are not using the app which I find is pretty common.  I will still use my messaging system via email and text for pertinent instructions/directions.

I also like the read receipts.  This will also help to decipher whether or not the guest is getting messages in the app. 

Karen

Wasn't that feature already available in scheduled replies?

I do not see any new capability added other than price comparison  .... 

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Flavia202 

It's great to hear that you think some of the features will be helpful!

Which in particular do you think will be of use to you?

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Jenny 

I especially like the checkout list, calendar, co-host features, the read receipts, and the price comparison tool.

I do not see anything new. Just a variation of old capabilities. 

All the messaging components can be easily achieved through scheduled messages. Nothing in the calendar adds value. 

A capability to set different parameters for different dates and seasons would be helpful .... for example, longer term rentals in the off season. A way to show and advertise for that separately- segmenting dates and rates.

It appears nothing of value has been added. Except for the average prices in the area analysis ... which does not seem to function yet. 

What am I missing?