Introducing checkout instructions and reminders

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Introducing checkout instructions and reminders

Jenny_0-1683289309924.png

Checkout should require very little effort from guests and Hosts. Until now, Hosts had to remind guests of the checkout time and communicate about basic checkout tasks, like shutting off the lights or turning down the heat. 

We heard that you wanted an easier way to give your guests checkout details. Now you can add checkout instructions directly on Airbnb, similar to the way you enter standard house rules. 

We'll also send guests an automatic reminder with your checkout time and instructions. This is sent as a push notification to your guest’s mobile device the day before checkout at 5:00 PM in the time zone where they’re staying.

These checkout tools are part of the Airbnb 2023 Summer Release, featuring 25 upgrades for Hosts. Go to the Resource Center to get more info, or opt in to Early Access to start using these new tools today. 

Have you tried out the new checkout instructions? What did you think?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

6 Replies 6

How will this affect hosts who have automated messages set up to go out the day before checkout with these instructions? Should those be turned off and go with this new check out feature. Thank you again for the continued focus on private rooms and making that experience better for hosts and guests alike

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Matthew1681 ,

Thanks for your kind words and great questions. For your existing automated messaging, if you prefer to keep those you are free to do so. With this new messaging you will be able to add checkout instructions to quick replies or scheduled messages as a variable to the existing feature.

Why don't you give it a go and let us know how you get on? 💡

Thanks again,

Stephanie

-----

That is awesome. Just started trying some of the early feature. Great work. Now is the time to focus on how we can Make the processes seamless as possible for guests at least for me. That's why I charge no fees thanks to the changes you made in the winter release

Keslie0
Level 2
Gainesville, FL

Hello - I've activated the new check-out instructions and I don't know if my guests have received them (I don't get any notification from Airbnb that the push notification has been sent to the guest) and none of my guests have sent me the notification that they have left. Is this actually active and my guests are just ignoring it? Or is it not working properly? I think it would be great if it did work as it's supposed to. They do seem to have push notifications active because they respond quickly to messages. Please advise. Thanks.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Keslie0 ,

Since it has been a while, did you hear back from your guests?

-----

@Bhumika No, I still don't know if the guests actually get the push notifications or not.