Adding my wife as a co-host

Claudio762
Level 1
Albuquerque, NM

Adding my wife as a co-host

Does my wife need to have an airbnb profile in order to be a co-host? 

I have an unpublished (in progress) listing and would like to show we both will co-host.

I read several threads but really none gave me the answer.

Can someone tell me how to go about her becoming a co-host or how to show my listing as  "hosting by my name and hers"?

Thank you.

Claudio

9 Replies 9
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Claudio762  Just add her name to your profile. If you look over posts on this forum, you'll see lots of host profiles that say XX and YY. Sometimes it's a husband and wife, sometimes a parent and their grown child who host together, maybe just friends or roommates who run the business together.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Claudio762 if you don't want to share a single account, then yes, to be a co-host your wife needs to have her own Airbnb profile.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1243/whats-a-cohost

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Claudio762,

The convenient thing to do is add your wife's name to your account.  The first name on our account is Debra and Ronald.  This makes it much easier for either of us to get assistance from customer service.  Plus, having just one inbox to track messages.

@Debra300 did Airbnb allow you to verify your id with this profile, and if so did it require both of your ids-- or did you change the profile after verifying your id?

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Lisa723,

It was an Airbnb CS rep who suggested that I add his name to the first name field of my account since we have the same last name.  It has worked out well for us.  There was no additional ID verification for him.  However, Keep Cool has his own account for travel purposes; additional guest on an itinerary, or traveling without me.

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

@Claudio762 

I totally agree with @Debra300 .

Me and my co host,

Eric8019
Level 2
Lynchburg, VA

Would someone please explain WHERE that change is to be made? The only place I can find that allows one to change a name is Account-->Personal Info, and it won't accept an ampersand (and warns that the name has to match a government ID...which tells me I'm in the wrong place).

Did you find out where to make test change?

Hi @Claudio1 

Just thought I would mention that if you decide to add a Co-Host to your listing, you can't do that until you publish it and go live. Then you will will have access to the section where you can add a Co-Host.