Arbitrary Listing Suspension

Max2406
Level 1
Chgo, IL

Arbitrary Listing Suspension

Hi! 

I was wondering if anyone thinks I should cut my losses lose hope of ever obtaining my listing. My listing was suspended without any warning. I noticed it when pulling up my calendar. 

I have no idea what happened as I am in constant communication with all of my guests. I've reached out 3 times via phone and about 4 times via messages. It always goes like this:

I explain the issue, they are so apologetic and act like they are going to fix it right away. I remain on hold for 20 minutes. 

They respond with good news, stating that the listing is active. 

I respond that it is still not and provide screenshots of my blocked calendar and the listing suspension. 

They then investigate further and tell me it the case is with a specialized team and needs to be escalated. 

They then tell me someone will reach out the same day, but I have yet to have anyone reach out explaining the suspension and it has been over a week. 

The conversation ends and I go back to crying. Naturally I take to Google and learn that I am definitely not alone. 

Any tips appreciated!

7 Replies 7
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Max2406 I wonder if it was your guest experience that has caused you to be suspended. Is there an outstanding damage claim for your July stay?

Yes!

That is what I thought too. But it is not letting me pay for the damages via the resolutions center!

The damage was a door break. The host's keyless entry situation malfunctioned (Beirut, electricity issues galore). I was locked into the unit for 2-3 hours with no AC (again, electricity issues), so I called my driver to have him break the door down due to the heat and overall anxiety inducing nature of the situation. The host wanted me to use a credit card to try to get out of the unit. Trust me, horrific situation. Claims told me it would not affect my listing, even though I said I don't care I will pay even though my life was at risk. 

Truly shocked at the customer support and lack of transparency in this situation despite me agreeing to do ANYTHING to reach a resolution. 

I appreciate your response, I feel better at least knowing. Thank you ❤️

I was able to locate the "send money" feature and settled the debt. Crossing my fingers. 

Thanks again. 

Hi @Max2406 

I’m so sorry to hear you’re frustrated with such experience.
You’re certainly not the only one.

The Specializes Team do need more time to examine the incident. 

Meanwhile, do daily keep contact with the Support Team, let them know your concern, remain the case open, and present additional documentation to support your appeal.

Don’t be stressed out, be patient, and I hope your issue can be resolved it soon. 🤗

Ian37700
Level 6
Warrnambool, Australia

The very reason I don't use electronic locks. This seems like a host problem outside your control and they should have sent help fast. Also this is a prompt to have a backup platform as hosts that get into problems don't seem to get rapid support if the issue is complex. The default action by Airbnb is to shut your listing down with no regard of the damage they cause to the host. 

Sangeeta8
Level 9
New Delhi, India

Did you note down the name of the person you spoke to? Follow up with an email stating what all was told to you by xyz and how oddly you cannot complete the payment and so on. 

Max1814
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Hey Max, just filed arbitration with Airbnb. That's really the only way to get them  to reverse any of their egregious actions. I made a pretty long post on here as well. Airbnb pretty much just wiped away a business I've devoted my life to for the last 5 years. They've done it to a lot of others too and they can't keep being emboldened to do this. If you're looking for some legal help, we have some others who joining in. Shoot me a mssage at help at airbnb hypen violations dot comm.