Does anyone use EVOLVE?

Gino26
Level 2
Virginia Beach, VA

Does anyone use EVOLVE?

I get alot of e-mails from a company called EVOLVE,,, another vacation booking company that uses multiple booking companies            ( homeaway, airbnb, VRBO, etc) to list your property and to hopefully generate more reservations for the homeowner.  Has anyone actually done this ?  How did airbnb get involved with these people ?

62 Replies 62
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Do you not host on Airbnb anymore ? @Brett493 You don't appear to have a host profile ? 

Once you agree to host on evolve, they require you to pause your listing on airbnb so not sure if that has anything to do with why you don't see a host profile for them 

I used Evolved too and I was pleased at first.  However, after analyzing my bookings, I realized that very few bookings were coming through Evolve and most were Airbnb or VRBO.  Evolve charges 10%, plus you pay the additional percentage charged by the other booking platform.  You can list directly on Airbnb and they will coordinate calendars with VRBO.  Must cheaper alternative.  Lastly, I sold one of my properties.  Even though I have Evolve sufficient notice, they did not communicate to the guests.  They told me they would find new lodging for them.  They did not even notify them.  However, they charged me to relocate the guest.  The guests communicated to me that they actually canceled their reservation, as their plans changed.

Whew this was my dying question.  If they charged on top of the fee's of other platforms.  Thank you for the info.  Yeah, I think I'll just stick to managing myself. Otherwise this would mean I'd be paying 25% with both fee's on some of the sites if combined with their fee.  Thanks again 

Jack1557
Level 2
Simi Valley, CA

Wouldn't recommend evolve.

Why? If you can’t say why don’t post that 

Joseph1410
Level 2
Whitefish Bay, WI

I am an owner and have properties listed with both Evolve and AirBNB.  Most recently, Evolve cancelled a reservation with less than 48 hours notice on a holiday weekend.  They have provided no compensation despite my strict cancellation policy.  Evolve’s email indicates it is acting based upon Airbnb’s policy; however I have their policy and there is no such basis for denying owner payment in view of such short notice cancellation.

contacted Evolve to seek resolution — no response for last four days. 
My advice- consider your options very carefully before listing your property with Evolve. 

@Joseph1410  Your strict cancellation policy only applies to bookings where the guests cancel. If your property managers cancel a booking, the guests are fully refunded. That is Airbnb policy. You really expect the guests to pay when the host has cancelled their booking?

Agree.   We are having huge issues with EVolve.  

When you say you list with  evolve and Airbnb, do you list separate with Airbnb? Shouldn’t evolve be doing that already? 

Evolve does all the listing and you cannot even book from you own personal website. Beware. No one has an interest in your place like you. 

Valarie18
Level 2
Tampa, FL

As a guest, I rented a house in Punta Gouda FL for a training I was attending there locally and I prefer a home when I travel (rarely use hotels any longer). There were many issues - no info sent on how to get into the house, no welcome packet to tell us about Wi-Fi and house info, dirty dishes in sink upon arrival, filthy tub and the hot water ran out in like 5 mins, they left left-over bar soaps in the bathroom for use (not sanitary), the home was not in good condition (hardwood floors buckling up, ants in the home, general maintenance needed), and the kitchen was not stocked with basics (sauce pot, measuring cups/spoons, etc.). Their customer service is NON EXISTENT. Don’t waste your time with this company - I will never rent from them again. Renters - beware! This company is a scam. They also clearly don’t care about sanitary practices, safety or presenting a clean and properly maintained home.

One bad experience and they are a scam? I hope not 

I use them for my property,  they are not a scam. Your situation indicates that the homeowner has not been involved. Even though Evolve handles the booking and cleaning, it is still the homeowners responsibility to know when a guest will be in the home and make sure everything is flowing smoothly.  We get email notifications that someone has booked the home. 

Mary419
Level 10
Savannah, GA

All you get is the bookings then you have to manage all else… meaning post booking communications including how to use thermostat etc… and the cleaning stocking and repairs too.

all Evolve does is Book up your calendar then pass you the Baton. 

While answering inquiries and questions prior to booking is a pain, it hardly seems like half of the work yet they get half of the pay a real manager usually gets. 

I have a client who uses this in Missouri and I get solicitation mailers sometimes.