Guest profile

Geoffrey209
Level 2
Paddington, Australia

Guest profile

Hi all, only been hosting for a few weeks. Five bookings so far. The most recent guest's profile doesn't have "Years on Airbnb" nor any other info and no reviews. 

All other bookings have "months/years on Airbnb". Should I be concerned?

Thanks for any comments.

8 Replies 8
Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Geoffrey209 Not necessarily. Communication is key. Just drop guest a line and ask questions that you need answers to. Get a feel for the prospective guest and always follow your gut instinct prior to approving. 

Thank you Gwen. But is the "time on Airbnb" something you can choose to NOT display? If so, why would you do that?

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Geoffrey209 I am guessing that Airbnb has dropped this bit of info because it worries some hosts. I doubt guests can decide for themselves if it is displayed or not.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Geoffrey209 I think is fair to say that the guest is taking a risk booking with a new host. Perhaps cut them some slack for being a new guest. We have had many many first time users of Airbnb and all have been good experiences so far. We don't however attract the party crowd as we are in the country and you need a car to reach restaurants and pubs.

Noted...thank you.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Just ask whatever vetting questions you normally ask to ensure you're guests are a good fit for your listing @Geoffrey209 

Thank you. But I use 'instant book'. So effectively I've already accepted the booking. Correct?

Danlee1
Level 10
Santa Fe, NM

I also get a fair amount of new guests with no reviews and their profile says they have been a member since 2023. I have never had a bad experience.